Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
DBT is a skills based therapy approach built on the foundation of mindfulness.
DBT gives you the right tools to recognize emotional dysregulation, relationship struggles and crisis situations as they are happening so that you can be the most effective you and do the most effective thing that the situation calls for.
EMDR is effective therapy for trauma
Using proven techniques and strategies from dialectical behavior therapy (DBT and a variety of mindfulness based practices), individuals will learn the tools necessary to successfully face the challenges in their life and confidently tackle the future.
Group members will practice DBT tools to improve their ability to problem solve, cope with crises, manage interpersonal conflicts, and set and achieve goals in various areas of their lives.
Couples facing relationship communication issues, sexual & intimacy issues, addiction, fighting and anger problems, conflicts over religion, parenting, infidelity, behavior addictions, betrayal trauma, and money learn the tools to overcome their issues and achieve a successful relationship.
Teens engaging in risky behavior, including self-injury, suicidal ideation and suicide attempts, substance use, binging and purging, and risky sexual behavior will learn to address the root causes of the behavior and the tools to overcome them.
Getting Off the Emotional Rollercoaster
Life isn’t always easy. Sometimes, even the strongest people amongst us need a little bit of help to work through some of life’s more challenging problems. Everyone has battles to fight and hurdles to overcome at some point. Whether you struggle with anxiety, depression, self-esteem, or any other issue, you should know that there is hope for a better tomorrow.
Storms make trees take deep roots.
You might be initially hesitant to seek out help and support for personal matters, but when you do, you will feel confident that you are taking a courageous first step and be willing to learn you can overcome hard things so you can move towards your life worth living.
If you’re interested in becoming a better, happier, more fulfilled you,
get started and please get contact today!
965 S Main St. Suite 3
Cedar City, UT 84720
- You will be billed for every visit
- Insurance is billed at a higher amount due to the greater amount of work/time it takes to bill and get reimbursed
- Insurance requires a complete and comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment plan based on your plan limitations
- There is a copay/coinsurance due at every visit
- Many people opt for a high deductible plan like $3,000-5,000, so most mental health coverage is covered by the client covering the whole contracted rate
- You are seen for a traditional 50-55 min individual session billed to the insurance at $140 per session and adjusted as per each insurance contracted rate
- You could be be prescribed group therapy at $50 per group or $200 monthly
- You have a visit limit based on your insurance
- You are subject to your deductible and if it is a high deductible you are responsible for the whole adjusted fee
- On average a person who is see 4 time a month for individual will pay $100 in copays and another $300 in session fees if you are on a high deductible plan
- Add another $200 if you attend group
- Totaling up to $600 a month
- The insurance company may cap out your visits to 20 sessions of therapy for the year, including group
- In 2 and ½ months your insurance visits are drained. The rest of therapy will be billed out of pocket
- If you have great insurance Roots Counseling can provide excellent care and resources
- Roots Counseling is in-network for the majority of insurance panels for Southern Utah
Roots Counseling Direct Therapy Model
- You are billed at one low flat fee per month of $199
- You will complete a comprehensive mental health assessment performed by a licensed mental health therapist and with your input we design an effective treatment plan that meets your actual needs.
- You are given access to all of our group sessions and there is no limit on how often you come to group
- You work with your therapist to determine how much one on one time is needed.
- You have access to our skills coaches for one on one skills training (insurance does not cover this service)
- You have access to skills phone coaching in times of crises
- There is no insurance billing
- There are no deductibles to worry about
- You agree to a 6 month or 12 month contract
- With a 12 month contract Roots Counseling waves the assessment fee of $199
- We work with your schedule, if you miss group, no worries, we have that same group another time in the week
- We can create a superbill for your insurance for a small fee and your monthly fee can still be applied to your deductible
Frequently Asked Questions
You’re not alone. And we are here to help!
I’ve never talked to anyone. I’m used to handling things on my own. Aren’t people who go to therapy weak?
Not at all. People who ask for help know when they need it and have the courage to reach out. Everyone needs help now and then. In our work together, we’ll help you explore and identify your strengths and how to implement them to reduce the influence of the problems you are facing.
What’s the difference between talking to you or my best friend or family?
The difference is between someone who can do something, and someone who has the training and experience to do that same thing professionally. A mental health professional can help you approach your situation in a new way– teach you new skills, gain different perspectives, listen to you without judgment or expectations, and help you listen to yourself. Furthermore, counseling is completely confidential. You won’t have to worry about others “knowing your business.” Lastly, if your situation provokes a great deal of negative emotion, and you’ve been confiding in a friend or family member, there is the risk that once you are feeling better you could start avoiding that person so you aren’t reminded of this difficult time in your life.
Why shouldn’t I just take medication?
Medication can be effective but it alone cannot solve all issues. Sometimes medication is needed in conjunction with counseling. Our work together is designed to explore and unpack the problems you are experiencing and expand on your strengths that can help you accomplish your personal goals.
How does it work? What do I have to do in sessions?
Because each person has different issues and goals for counseling, it will be different depending on the individual. We tailor our therapeutic approach to your specific needs.
How long will it take?
Unfortunately, this is not possible to say in a general FAQs page. Everyone’s circumstances are unique to them and the length of time counseling can take to allow you to accomplish your goals depends on your desire for personal development, your commitment, and the factors that are driving you to seek counseling in the first place.
I want to get the most out of therapy. What can I do to help?
We are so glad you are dedicated to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication will be crucial to your success.
Rates & Insurance
You’re Not Alone. And I’m Here to Help!
Our rates for cash pay clients is $100 per 50 min session.
Our rates for insurance pay varies on the insurance.
Group rate is 200 a month billed monthly for 4 1.5 hour group sessions.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
We’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. We also accept payment via PayPal and you can pay directly on my site on this page.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Milton McLelland, CMHC
Company Name: Roots Counseling Cedar City
Dates Employed: Apr 2016 – Present
Employment Duration: 2 yrs 8 mos
Location: Cedar City Utah
I help individuals work through trauma and emotional dysfunction through individual/group counseling focusing on DBT and EMDR therapies.
Rochelle McLelland, CMHC
Company Name: Southwest Behavioral Health Center
Dates Employed Apr 2013 – Present
Employment Duration 5 yrs 8 mos